When did you first use the Internet?
Should Internet be censored? Why?
- What are some of the ways the Internet can be used for education?
- What are some of the ways the Internet can be used for entertainment?
- What problems does the Internet create? What problems does it solve?
- Do you think that some people spend too much time on the Internet and does this stop them from seeing their friends? Why?
TALK about 5 things you would be doing this week, if you could.
Ask your classmate about what they could or couldn’t do in the past.
- Play a musical instrument
- Do yoga
- Play soccer
- Climb trees
- Jump rope
WHAT STRONG OPINIONS DO YOU HAVE?
Use the following discourse markers to give your opinion on something:
It is a fact that…
Some people argue that…
It is often said that…
On the other hand…
In my view…
In my opinion…
Which celebrity would you like to meet?
What would you do if you could spend a day with this person?
Talk about differences and similarities between you two. (Think about appearence and personality.)
Read the problems below and give advice on how to deal with them.
- Lately I’ve been feeling really tired for no reason. What should I do?
- My boyfriend broke up with me and refuses to tell me why. What should I do? I want him back.
- My cat is peeing outside the litter box, my house smells like urine. What should I do?